Recipe yield: 12 servings*
* Per serving: Calories: 131.3 Carbs: 19.2 gm Protein: 7.5 gm Fat: 2.8 gm
Ingredients & Materials:
1 cup Green Mung Bean
1 cup Masoor Dal (Red Lentils)
1/2 teaspoon Oil per Dosa (needed only while making dosa)
2 cups water each to soak Green mug beans and Red lentils
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
Pinch of Salt
1 large Frypan
1 flipper/ Turner
Cooking Method: Prep Time:15 minutes Cooking time:3-4 minutes per dosa
- Soak Masoor Dal (Lentils) in water separately for 1 hour before using. Soak Green mung beans overnight or at least for 6-8 hours before use**Tip: Soaking helps with faster cooking! Next wash and rinse Masoor Dal and Green mung beans and keep aside.
- Next mix Masoor dal, Green mung beans, and Cumin seeds together in a bowl. Grind them together in a blender to a fine paste, consistency should be similar to pancake mix. Add salt to taste. Remove the ground batter in a bowl and keep aside.
- Next put the fry pan (Tawa) on the stove, keep the heat on medium. Add Oil of choice! **Tip: You can substitute oil with ghee as per your choice! Tip: ** Use nonstick fry pan (Tawa) for less oil use.
- Next scoop two ladles worth of batter and place in center of fry pan and spread around in circular fashion to make dosa. Tip: **look at you tube video for the method
- Wait 2-3 minutes for one side of dosa to get cooked. Once you notice the surface of dosa seems cooked and it starts browning, flip the dosa on the other side and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Once it’s cooked, remove with flipper gently and place in a dish. Serve warm with coconut chutney or steamed veggies on the side to complete the meal.