6 Spice Turmeric Tea
Recipe yield: 2 servings*
* 1 serving: 1 Cup (8 fl oz)
Ingredients & Materials:
2 cups water
1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
1/4 Teaspoon whole fennel seeds
1/4 Teaspoon whole Cumin Seeds
1/4 Teaspoon whole Coriander seeds
1/4 Teaspoon cut or grated ginger
2 whole pepper corns
Optional : Mishri (Rock sugar) or organic cane sugar per taste as needed.
1 Medium saucepan
1 Steel Strainer
Cooking Method: Prep Time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 5 minutes Total Time: 8-10 Minutes
- In a saucepan or kettle, add the water and all the ingredients
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes
- Turn off the heat.
- Let the tea cool for 2 mins
- Strain the tea and serve it, sip it warm. Add rock sugar or organic cane sugar to taste if needed.
- Enjoy the 6 spice turmeric tea by itself or with a meal !