Wonderful way to add more veggies to your palate. Try the Turmeric and Cumin Infused mixed veggies. A perfect complement to your meals ! This simple reciepe is also considered Satvik Food, simple in taste, easy to digest, flavorful and satisfying. Excellent for all dosha types ! This also a diabetes friendly reciepe. Happy Eating !
Turmeric & Cumin Infused Veggies
Recipe yield: 4 servings*
* Per serving (3/4th Cup): Calories: 36
Carbs: 6 gm Protein: 1 gm Fat: 1gm Fiber: 2gm
Ingredients & Materials:
3 cups Organic Mixed Veggies
1 tsp Ghee
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon Cumin Seeds
1 large saucepan
1 lid to cover
1 wooden ladle
Cooking Method: Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Take 2 cups Frozen Organic Mixed Veggies. Defrost or bring to Room Temparature or You can separately cut, wash and prep veggies such as broccoli, Cauliflower and carrots and keep aside.
- Next put the sauce pan on the stove, keep the heat on medium. Add ghee, next add cumin seeds. Let them sizzle for few seconds, the add turmeric.
- Make sure the spices don’t burn. Reduce the heat to low if needed.
- Add mixed veggies and sauté.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Add ¼ cup water and cover the saucepan with the lid, reduce the heat to medium.
- Watch for the water content. After cooking on medium to low for 15 mins, open the lid and gently stir.
- Check if veggies are cooked or you may cook them for additional 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with Cooked Quinoa or Brown rice or wild rice and Dal (Lentil Soup) to complete the meal.