Recipe yield: 6 servings*
* Per serving: Calories: 123 Carbs: 19 gm Protein: 2.5 gm Fat:4.8 gm
Ingredients & Materials:
1 cup Sweet Potato
1 cup Acorn Squash
1 cup Broccoli, Carrot, Cauliflower
½ cup chopped beets
1 cup Chopped Red Onion
1.5 Teaspoon Chopped Ginger & Garlic
2 teaspoon Oil
4-6 cups water
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
Pinch of Salt
1 large saucepan
1 lid to cover
Cooking Method: Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
1. Put sauce pan on the stove, keep the heat on medium. Add Oil of choice! **Tip: You can substitute oil with ghee as per your choice!
2. Next add Cumin seeds, followed by turmeric, ginger & garlic
3. Make sure the spices don’t burn. Reduce the heat to low if needed.
4. Next add Chopped onion and sauté well.
5. Next add sweet potatoes, acorn squash, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower and beets. Mix well.
6. Add 4-6 cups water and let it come to a boil. Cover the saucepan with the lid, reduce the heat to low. Watch for the water content. After cooking on low for 10 mins, open the lid and gently stir.
7. Check if soup is cooked, add more water as needed, cover and cook until all vegetables as cooked completely.
8. Add Salt to taste.
9. Serve hot hearty fall vegetable soup with steamed quinoa or brown rice.